« Home | A purpose to it all... » | So has Tilden told you the news?? » | A few more pictures while I'm at it... » | City by the Bay » | Coming to a neighborhood near you... » | I saw this quote just now and thought it to be a g... » | Ha... the other night, Tilden and I were making a ... » | Tilden and I accidentally left an open candle burn... » | Just got back from San Francisco... we had a wonde... » | Happy Thanksgiving! I was talking today with a lit... » 

4.18.2007 

There is meanness in this world...

and desperation, and hopelessness, and loneliness...

It makes my heart so heavy to see that there are people in this world... high school students, college students, young men in Iraq or Pakistan... who have gotten to such a horrible place in their life where they feel that their only alternative is to kill others...

I told Tilden last night that I feel we have become immune to these mass killings... that when Columbine happened several years ago, I was in shock and was glued to the TV to try to figure it all out... now, when twice as many people are killed, it seems like a horrible thing, but almost a part of life. I don't want something that horrific to be a part of life... but so many people in other parts of the world deal with it on a daily basis... it really is a part of their life. That's not okay...it shouldn't be a part of life for anyone. But yet here we are...

I know what you mean. Some days I hate that Caden has to grow up in a world like this one. It's one thing to have to face it as an individual, but to know there is evil lurking around your children and somedays you are powerless to stop it is a terrible feeling. I just pray that God will allow parents to raise emotionally healthy children...then the good in this world can outweigh the bad.
You're going to be some of those parents. That's a good thing.

Post a Comment