« Home | to act on God's behalf: to express what's on His m... » | I love how God intends for the world to be filled ... » | Word of God Speak » | Flowers in Your Hair... » | Pictures from our Little Mountain Journey » | Since Tilden and I have been trying to use up our ... » | I think I am just a little too excited about the n... » | Some Quotes from a Book I've been Reading... » | To Elaborate... » | I'm liking my new job...:) » 

11.23.2006 

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was talking today with a little 3rd grader whose family is currently calling a shelter home, and she was telling me all for which she had to be thankful... a young girl, sleeping in a shelter, said that she was thankful for "too many things to be able to tell you," but she did manage to list her family, a place to sleep at night, a building to protect her, people who love her, God who made Pluto (and she also mentioned that she learned in school that Pluto is no longer a planet)...

so today, we all are blessed beyond belief... from a pillow on a bed to the orbitting masses in the sky... and how awesome it is that a 3rd grader who has every reason to feel that she hasn't been given much of anything realizes those blessings.

Kids surely know how to put things into perspective for you don't they?!
I am glad you had a nice thanksgiving...hope your weekend was just as pleasant!
Talk to you later
Jenn

so today, we all are blessed beyond belief... from a pillow on a bed to the orbitting masses in the sky...

I love that line!

Hope you

Post a Comment