« Home | Flowers in Your Hair... » | Pictures from our Little Mountain Journey » | Since Tilden and I have been trying to use up our ... » | I think I am just a little too excited about the n... » | Some Quotes from a Book I've been Reading... » | To Elaborate... » | I'm liking my new job...:) » | Oops! » | My Version of a "Des" Post » | The End of Summer... the Beginning of Something New » 

10.22.2006 

Word of God Speak

I'm often times not big on typical praise and worship songs... sometimes they don't seem like real art to me, but this song has been whispering through my head today, and I'm finding it beautiful right now...

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay

I wish that song had been around in the 4th and 5th centuries, when there were a whole lot of windbags (church leaders) "saying" what we should believe, instead of "modeling" what we should.

To have those days back and be able to say, "Shut up, everybody! Now...Word of God, speak."

Grace and peace,
Johnny

Are you implying that churches aren't filled with a bunch of windbags today, in the 21st century?? :)

I meant to say, "Instead of "modeling" what we shoulld "do."

I like that song...

Thanks, Stephanie.

I needed to hear that today. I've heard that song a hundred times...but I really needed the reminder today. Thanks.

Post a Comment