« Home | To Elaborate... » | I'm liking my new job...:) » | Oops! » | My Version of a "Des" Post » | The End of Summer... the Beginning of Something New » | I love how Pink Floyd, in all their drunken, drug-... » | Tilden and I went to church this morning... decide... » | I don’t know why I can’t get it out of my head… af... » | Goals, not Relating to Soccer » | Life Update » 

9.20.2006 

Some Quotes from a Book I've been Reading...

"God rarely shows you a problem so that you can tell someone else about it."

"We have defined holiness through what we separate ourselves from rather than what we give ourselves to. I am convinced the great tragedy is not the sins that we commit, but the life that we fail to live."

"God created you to do good. and doing this requires initiative."

"I am convinced that God longs to put His fingerprint in our lives, to act on our behalf and surprise us with His magnificence. I am equally convinced that most of the time we do not give God a context in which to do this. The mundane is not really the best context for a miracle. When we play it safe, we squeeze God out of the formula. If we go only where we know and do what we're certain will succeed, we remove our need for God."

and one more...

"The promise of Jesus that if we ask anything in His name, He will do it, is fueled not by how strongly we believe in something, but by how well we represent God's purpose and intention. If a prayer's ultimate intent is to fulfill God's will, we can move with confidence, even if God doesn't answer that prayer the way we expect. The more closely we reflect God's heart in our prayers, the more often our requests will match His response."

I could quote much more, but I will hold off for now.

The book: "Chasing Daylight" by Erwin McManus

McManus is a great writer. A wonderful friend here in Sanford, suggested that I read some of his books.

Good stuff!

Thanks.

Johnny

Post a Comment