« Home | I'm liking my new job...:) » | Oops! » | My Version of a "Des" Post » | The End of Summer... the Beginning of Something New » | I love how Pink Floyd, in all their drunken, drug-... » | Tilden and I went to church this morning... decide... » | I don’t know why I can’t get it out of my head… af... » | Goals, not Relating to Soccer » | Life Update » | Have you ever listened to music so beautiful that ... » 

9.12.2006 

To Elaborate...

So yeah, I enjoy getting up and going to work in the morning. Even if it is at 8:30am. I feel like a grown-up, at least a little bit... going into an office... wearing heels... putting food in an office fridge... I even bought a suit. I like the role I am playing for the Clubs... I want to be a strong support for the Unit Directors and their staff so they can be a support for the KIDS that are making the Boys & Girls Clubs their home away from home everyday. I think because I have been in the Directors' shoes, I understand what they are going through, and I understand what they need in order to make the biggest IMPACT on their kids that they possibly can. I get that the kids are the most important part of our work, and then come the staff that work with them daily. It's not the Area Commander or Executive Director or the DC who are most important to me. I work for those kids and their staff.

I have already gotten to know many kids by name from the other Clubs around Charlotte, and I have seen my Marsh Road kids several times a week since I started my new job away from them. And Kristy was right... it never gets old to see them stop what they are doing when I walk in the room and smother me in hugs as their suddenly innocent voices squeal, "Miss Stephanie! Miss Stephanie!" I was never completely sure about my move to a new position, but I am confident now that it is the right move for me at this point in my life, and that is a good feeling.

So anyways, I know there will be frustrating days ahead. I know that there will be days that I want to slam my office door and go home. But I am really excited about the possibilities that lie ahead... I am in awe of all the amazing kids in this city... kids who are just waiting to have someone tell them they are beautiful and talented and full of worth, and then continue to show them as well... kids who will change the way they think about themselves, their world, and the God who made them all because of their experience with the Boys & Girls Club.

Thank you God for the work you have put in my life. Thank you for the vision, experience, and passion you have given me. Allow me to do Your Work to the best of my ability... wrap Your arms around the Clubs, children, and schools here in Charlotte, and bless all we do. Amen.

Amen!

Mmmmmm...that is so awesome to hear. I'll bet you look smokin in your new suit!
It's always a wonderful to love your job. I'm very happy for you.

Post a Comment