« Home | I love how Pink Floyd, in all their drunken, drug-... » | Tilden and I went to church this morning... decide... » | I don’t know why I can’t get it out of my head… af... » | Goals, not Relating to Soccer » | Life Update » | Have you ever listened to music so beautiful that ... » | Just Another Friday Evening... » | Pros... Cons...Pros: wider range to impact kids; h... » | First Year Down... » | So, I've been playing around with macromedia latel... » 

8.18.2006 

The End of Summer... the Beginning of Something New


So today was the last day of summer camp at the Club. It was a hectic, busy, relaxing, beautiful day. We had a cookout at the park with all the kids and some of the parents...

So the end of summer camp means the beginning of my new job working with all the Charlotte Clubs. Yes, it was a little bittersweet as the mother of one of the Club members whom I have known for the past 7 years gave me a journal that all the kids had written in... tears couldn't help but form in my eyes as I read through it, just as they are now... but mostly I was ready to start a new chapter in my life... I had the entire summer to prepare mentally to leave the Club, and now I just have to do it physically. I love my Club kids... I love who they are becomming and I love the potential I see in each of them. I want them to understand how much they mean to me, and even more, to the God who created them... what's great is that now when I go over to the Club to work with them, I can devote my attention completely to them... although it won't be daily, it will be good, quality time... and I'm excited about that. Here's to a new beginning, and here's to all the beautiful kids who are finding a home away from home in our Clubs!

Stephanie:

You have been a wonderful role-model and teacher to the kids at Marsh Rd. I've had the chance to see you in action with the kids while I've been in and out of the corps during the day and it's really great. It's VERY evident that those kids love you and that you love the kids.

Now, in your new job, it seems that you have the opportunity to make an even greater impact on more kids than ever before.

I'm happy for ya'.

Oh Stephanie. I can completely empathize with your struggle. Being mentally prepared and actually doing it are two very different things. I know those kids are so proud of you and happy for your new adventure. I wish I were still there to see the wonderful things you are going to do in your new position. I am so happy you have the opportunity to use your gifts to touch the other clubs. The journal is meant to remind you of how you touched their lives and give you strength to touch others. You are amazing and I love you.

Aww...Miss Stephanie!
You're going to do great and wonderful things with the Clubs. There are so many kids to have an influence on.
I know it's hard to leave, and you're never far away from them.
It's going to feel so good when you do your visits and they run to you screaming your name!
I'm very proud of what you've done with the Club and the kids who go there. You have lifted them all to a higher standard and showed them they can all live beyond what they can imagine.

Change is never as easy as we plan and usually brings surprising challenges that translate into beautiful, God-given oportunities.

I'm praying for you!

I believe that there is no one on this planet who can do a better job at loving kids at the Marsh Road Boys and Girls Club than you, Stephanie.

Your patience is unequaled and your care for the children is something that deserves to be shared with other directors.

With this new position, I believe that God is going to use you in a powerful way to spread your enthusiasm and passion for kids to the other clubs in the area.

And that's what I told M, when he asked me my opinion about you taking the new position.

We need leaders who are worth imitating. And you are definitely one of those.

Grace and peace,
Johnny

Aside from being a great role model for those kids, you have been a great role model to us. Even in your decision to take on a new challenge, you show us how much things we do in life need not be about us, but about the ministry God has set before us.

If there is anyone that I know that is wise beyond their years, it is you. Paula and I love you and know that you will do a phenomenal job!

All of you guys are really sweet... I think I will print my comments, post them to my new desk, and read them when I feel discouraged. Thanks guys!

I remember when I was helping out with 'Circle of Friends' I was always amazed at how your very presence commanded such attention and respect from the kids. Not because they feared you, but because they greatly respected and loved you. Since getting to know you I have been blown away by the depth of your gifting and the size of your heart. The work you do is more important then can even be expressed and this new position is going to give you even greater opportunity to change kid's lives for the better. That cheesy Ray Boltz song, "Thank you for giving to the Lord" is how I picture heaven for you....you'll meet so many people there who, due to your example, will spend eternity with the Father. Thank you for what you do. Good luck with everything!

I just have to say that I AM SO GLAD I wasn't there to see you leave the club. I am SURE that it was very difficult for them and for you, as well as your techo husband. You guys have watched these kids grow and you've been so involved in their lives, it's hard to leave that one on one. BUT you are now in a place where you can be a part of so many more lives.

WOW! I'm excited for you and I'm looking forward to hearing all about how things are going!!!

Post a Comment