« Home | The End of Summer... the Beginning of Something New » | I love how Pink Floyd, in all their drunken, drug-... » | Tilden and I went to church this morning... decide... » | I don’t know why I can’t get it out of my head… af... » | Goals, not Relating to Soccer » | Life Update » | Have you ever listened to music so beautiful that ... » | Just Another Friday Evening... » | Pros... Cons...Pros: wider range to impact kids; h... » | First Year Down... » 

9.05.2006 

My Version of a "Des" Post

I have been enjoying a site called Pandora for a while now at work. They call it the music genome project. Basically, you just type in a few songs/artists/albums that you enjoy, and it creates a music station based on the music you requested. It plays other music that is the same style of the music you initially put in, so listening to the station is a good way to find new, good music, which is sometimes a difficult thing to do.

If you don't like a song that it chooses, you can just click the 'thumbs down,' and it goes to the next song. You can register for free, and then you can just log in anytime you want to hear the stations you create. I created one for myself to listen to when I am working, and one for the kids to listen to when they come into my office. Well, my old office...

I enjoy it... and think you should try it too.

Sweet, I'll go check that out right now. I always like to hear of new and exciting ways to download muzac.
Thanks Stephanie!

I miss you Stephanie...

I like having my own "style" of posting - the archetypal Des post - a report on how technology can make your life better - or just how cool it is.

Pandora is really cool - there's a podcast called Inside the Net that talked to the founders a while back - very interesting listen. They were talking about how they have professional musicians on staff to really analyze and categorize all the different songs.

Oh . . . and I miss you guys too!

That's awesome. I'll have to add Inside the Net to my podcast subscription...

Wait... What am I saying??

Maybe you can just update me on the cool things they discuss. :)

Post a Comment