« Home | Just Another Friday Evening... » | Pros... Cons...Pros: wider range to impact kids; h... » | First Year Down... » | So, I've been playing around with macromedia latel... » | » | Boycott, anyone?? » | Dads are Awesome (and very cute at times!) » | I've been researching elementary, middle, and hig... » | really?! » | I don't want to be a materialistic person. I don't... » 

6.05.2006 

Have you ever listened to music so beautiful that it was painful to listen to? so beautiful that you need to do more than just listen to it... you want it to surround you and consume you... and come from within you...

I heard music that beautiful tonight. We went to hear Over the Rhine at this cozy little theater off Elizabeth...

Man, you worded that perfectly...I completely understand the type of music and feeling you mean...good stuff.

I agree with Kathy. Music is not something we hear, but something we experience with a plethora of emotions.

Yes...I have experienced that, and there is nothing more lovely.

Kendra Lynn

so...I'm not going to post about music, but I am gonna say that you are awesome. I really appreciate the words you wrote. It takes a strong person and great friend to call you out when you're feeling crappy and not make you feel bad. Thank you.

And by the way, I laughed out loud REALLY hard when I read your last line...I'm pretty sure we need to track down a copy of that yoga for dogs commercial.

I love you!

It's funny that I read that post while at camp...where beautiful music is in the eye of the beholder (Or the ear...
Seriously, I hear the most beautifully painful music when kids sing to God. They are certainly off key, singing wrong notes, and sometimes the dogs howl, and it is the most beautiful sound ever.

Post a Comment