« Home | Have you ever listened to music so beautiful that ... » | Just Another Friday Evening... » | Pros... Cons...Pros: wider range to impact kids; h... » | First Year Down... » | So, I've been playing around with macromedia latel... » | » | Boycott, anyone?? » | Dads are Awesome (and very cute at times!) » | I've been researching elementary, middle, and hig... » | really?! » 

6.15.2006 

Life Update

Wow. What a whirlwind of a past couple of weeks. Time has gone by, but it is as if in a daze... like I have been living it in a dream. Not sure why, but when I try to think about where my time went the past 2 weeks, I have a hard time placing myself. It all seems timeless, I guess. I spent way too many hours than I care to mention getting ready for summer camp last week, and I guess all of my work paid off (and having an awesome staff has helped as well), because this 1st week of day camp has been the easiest week of camp that I can ever remember. I have worked less this week than any other week of summer camp, and for that restful, peaceful feeling, I am thankful. So yeah, this week has been filled with getting to know the newest additions to our Club family, and making sure nothing falls apart at the seam each day.

Trip graduated on Tuesday. I have a hard time realizing that my baby brother is a high school graduate, soon to be a college student at ASU. I am so proud of that boy... not just for graduating, but for the potential that he holds inside of him. I see that potential... and I can only imagine what he will accomplish when he decides to use it. He is amazing, and I love him. He reminds me of myself when I was his age... only with a huge musical talent and passion that helps define who he is.

Since Trip graduated, I was able to spend time with my family. I love my family. I feel so blessed to have a family that I can't wait to be with and laugh with and share life with. I think I knew how blessed I was growing up, but I am glad that I now can appreciate them and show them I love them. By the way, I have 3 of the most beautiful nieces in the entire world. When I look at them, I can't help but smile a smile from deep within, and then it is hard for me to take my eyes off of them. Seriously. I can't imagine how that feeling will be magnified even more when (if) I have my own children. How can you parents contain all the joy you feel when you look at your child? Life is preciously amazing.

I also finally made it over to Rob and Heather's house last night. And I am glad that I did. Two beautiful people doing an amazing thing. I am excited to get to know them better and play any role in their mission that God sees fit.

I am happy. I am sitting on my patio, surrounded by the flowers that Tilden and I planted that have actually grown and thrived, and life is good.

Cool. I am certainly glad you are happy about so many things in your life. It is a great feeling. We need to get together soon!

I wish I could plant and not-kill plants and flowers. I am an evil plant mother...that whole "Take care of a plant, then an animal, then a child" thing that people say is so not true. If I had started with plants I would never have trusted myself with any other living thing. I give props to anyone who can nurture a plant of any kind. It's a gift.

Post a Comment