« Home | Life Update » | Have you ever listened to music so beautiful that ... » | Just Another Friday Evening... » | Pros... Cons...Pros: wider range to impact kids; h... » | First Year Down... » | So, I've been playing around with macromedia latel... » | » | Boycott, anyone?? » | Dads are Awesome (and very cute at times!) » | I've been researching elementary, middle, and hig... » 

6.22.2006 

Goals, not Relating to Soccer

I have been inspired to set some obtainable goals for my personal being that I can accomplish by the end of this summer. These are goals that I have not previously had... goals that are not already hanging over my head like a huge weight. Instead, they are fresh and exciting and motivating. And they are NOT work related.

By the end of the summer, I will:
  • be able to run 2 miles in 18 minutes
  • be enrolled in a pottery class
  • have read 5 books, each on a different subject matter
  • have gotten in contact with and have shared a little bit of life with 3 people who I care much about but haven't talked to in a long time
  • have volunteered at least 3 hours for a non-profit agency that is not The Salvation Army
  • have taken a nap on the beach
  • have bought a plane ticket to a place that I have never been before

I may add to this list... but I want to be able to reach these goals without them becoming burdensome, so I am starting off easy...

Does anyone else have any personal summer goals?

Perhaps . . . though at the moment, I'd be satisfied if I could make it through the summer and not have to deal with any ticks . . . so far so good.

I would also like to be able to figure out some of where the rest of my life is headed.

Some, granted, are a little bigger than others.

Des

Post a Comment