« Home | Three Cups of Tea » | So my prayer tonight as I caught a glimpse of my s... » | My life... » | Decision time... » | Emerson slept all night last night! I didn't thin... » | Gratitude » | Live in the Sunshine... » | So having a baby really breaks you down... emotion... » | Nine months later... » | I'm pretty much fed up with the way The Salvation ... » 

2.15.2008 

"Dance It, Honey!"

Rebecca has been taking dance classes downtown, and she recently received an invitation to attend a master dance class with the Alvin Ailey company since they are performing in town this weekend (which Tilden and I will be going to see as well). She invited me to go with her, so that's how I ended up spending my Wednesday evening. After running a couple blocks in the pouring rain with no umbrella from our parking deck to the Blumenthal, we made it to the class soaking wet, but ready to soak in everything offered in the class.

I love dancing, but haven't done any dancing (besides jumping around in my living room) in quite some time. It was awesome... it made me remember why I love dancing so much in the first place. Yeah, I felt extremely stupid because I couldn't catch on to the routine fast enough, and when I got one part I forgot another part, but I was impressed with how much technique I still remember. My post-pregnancy body is extremely out of shape, and muscles that haven't been worked in a long time from my wrists to my knees were sore, but it felt good to be in a dance class... to receive feedback on how I was doing. The instructor kept saying, "you've got to dance it, honey!" He made a good point: sometimes you just have to get back to the basics and remember why you fell in love with the art in the first place. I think that advice could pretty much work in many areas of life...

Anyways, it was a fun, unexpected way to spend an evening... who knows? Maybe I'll enroll in some more classes soon...

So awesome!

Rebecca told me a bit about that night...that the two of you laughed and laughed until it hurt...what a great way to spend time and connect as sisters.

loveH

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Stephanie
  • From Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
  • I want to make a difference in my world... I want to appreciate the beauty around me to the fullest... I want to experience life in every possible way... I want to love and appreciate each the kids at the Club everday...lots of wants...realities?
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates